Monday, February 18, 2019

The National Zoo

There is a lot of fun stuff to do in Washington, and one of my favorite things is to go to the zoo. I like the zoo for a lot of reasons. One is that I like seeing the animals and the animals by habitat. Some of the animals you can see at the National Zoo are panda bears, zebras, tigers, lions, and a lot more. 

There are indoor things and outdoor things to see at the zoo. Some of the indoor things are the ape house, the amazon, the small mammal house, the reptile house, and the think tank. In the think tank,  they train some orangutans to do a game and to teach them stuff on a computer.

The zoo also has restaurants to eat in, mostly for lunch. They don't really have breakfast foods, but that's fine because you don't really want to get up really early  to go to the zoo on a weekend when you can sleep in. There is also a Starbucks right across the street.
I also recommend stopping at Cake Pops by Yael for a cake pop. It is delicious and nut free.  Here is a picture of my mom and me enjoying a cake pop!







There is also a frozen yogurt place there.

There are sometimes special programs like Zoo Lights. This is fun and takes place at the zoo at night from around Thanksgiving until New Years.

Admission is free and parking is 22 dollars a day. I love the zoo. I think you should go sometime!
- Blake



4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the zoo when I am there with you! Great description of what makes you happy to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great your zoo is free. The zoo in Louisville costs money. What is your favorite zoo animal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite zoo animal is a tiger. I also like the Amazon exhibit that has birds and fish and general rainforest animals. What is your favorite animal at the Louisville zoo? And how much does the zoo cost there?

      Delete
  3. My favorite is the zebra!
    Safta

    ReplyDelete